Saturday, February 25, 2017

EDUCATION and STAG ISLAND

INTRODUCTION


Teachers at work

Students Working on Computers


Drowning

Nuclear - good or bad

Learning or schooling

Young Ivanka Trump and her father

Expelled Student


Worcester College, Oxford

Diploma

Finland

Exchange Students

Socrates

Testing



St. Peter

Traffic Congestion and Mayhem


Wooden Paddle

Self Image Albrecht Duer

Classroom Attendance

Group Project

Honest Evaluations

Tongue Splitting

Depression

Social Promotion

E ffective Teaching

Teacher Training

Thomas Jefferson

Sequence Illustration

Responsibility and Accountability

Puppet and Puppeteer

Goofing Off

Chores



Martin Luther College Chapel

College of the Ozarks

Berea College

Martin Luther College Excelsior

Keeping on Time



Foot washing (public domain)

Like a Child

Fred Rogers

Husband and Wife

Pill Bug


Get Going

Memory


Throwing Out the Baby

Sleep






Psalm 139

The Brain

Teacher

Pinocchio

Pipe Organ


Cain and Abel

Luther Students in Alaska

Luther Students in Europe

Creation of Adam

Depiction of Adam and Eve

Barrier Wall

Cain and Abel

Basilica of St. J

Boeing 747

Spanish Language

Great Wall of China

Pew Research

Facebook Usage

Frank Zappa

Fountain Pen

U.S. Olympic Headquarters

Participation Trophy

Normal Distribution

Postmodernism


Stress in the Real World

Samuel and Eli

Jesus and child

Bernard Madoff

Cultural Appriation

Disrespectful foul language


Declaration of Independence

A trophy for Evertone




Gold Bullion Bars

Bishop Whipple

Independent Individual

Leprehcaun

October Green Hat

Offended and Angry

Person Standing on an Island

Snowflake

Teamwork

Respect for Teachers

Selfie

Shoving and Pushing

Statue of C. S. Lewis

Teacher




Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn - best friends


Jesus and John at the Lord's Supper

The Fall in the Garden of Eden


Historia

Kavenaugh chosen for Supreme Court

Tim Tebow

Flag of South Africa

Posting Current Events

The Fury

The National Capital

Glass of water half full

Demonization 


Hubert Humphrey and MLK

Marines and a sailor practice flag folding


Grumpy Teacher

Seeking Truth



Taking Notes



Toddler (Avsar Aras, Wikimedia Commons)

Surgeon (Cliartxtras.com)


Great others by name as family (faithcolumbusbusi,org)






Climbing Walls

Barn Under Construction

Appreciate Nature

Flowers Bring Joy

Joy and Laughter

Smiling Girl

by Pierre-Étienne Monnot(Wikimedia Commons)

School House Rock


Betsy DeVos and President Donald Trump

High School Attended by the author, East Detroit, Michigan

Large School

Little School

School Choice

Rudy Giuliani

 Wisconsin School Choice

Cristo Rey High School, Detroit

St. Paul's Lutheran School: Student Project

Dodge Ball

Playing Tag

Future professors

Three Little Maids from Mikato

Pot Belly Stove


School Bus

Rosa Young

School

Helping Each Other

Money Follows Students

Magnet School NASA

Geoffrey Canada

Milton Friedman

Baptism with Water and the Word

Harlem Children's Zone

Family

The Earth Seen from Space

An Interlude

Dennis Patrick Moynihan

The lesson by Wm Blacklock 1916






Alexander Graham Bell

John Holt

Social Network Diagram

We Are Family

TCU Students


Individualism


Young Thomas Edison


Mark Twain


Changing Look on Campuses

Students at a U.S. University

Friaurnity Initiation

Young Soldier

Sleep Is Essential

Fullerton Community College

ITT Techincal Institute

Auto Mechanic Training




Camel

Taking a Camel Through the Eye of a Needle


















































Betsy DeVos, Secretary of Treasury

Group socialization

Individualism



Korean girls in school uniforms (photo by Fred Wulff)




Juvenile Delinquency

Michael Browrn Plaque

Nikolas Cruz

Texas Tech Yearbook


President and Melania Trump visit hospital

Bullying Banner

Tryvon Martin














M Wulff11/20/2018 10:40 PM


To FRED WULFF


Hi Fritz! I knew you would love it! For the few days I had it out ready to wrap every time I saw it I got that lift you explained. I didn't get to spend my dime from Grandma very often at the pavillion before they built the little store. Every memory I have of Stag Island is positive. All those kids and I never heard any spats. If the adults didn't get along I sure never heard it. I think people used to be kind.

Annette said Mom said she hated going to the island. I never knew that and I'm glad I didn't. I knew it wasn't Dad's favorite place, so we got our own place one year. It wasn't the same, I felt like an outsider but not strongly. I still spent the days with Faye and Pat.They were inseparable but accepted me easily when I was with them.

People were more civil in those days!

We spent hours at the pavillion, sometimes just running around the porch.Or under it!

Wer always thought the left end of the island was for the boys and ours was the usa side and later the N end. I have never been to the far S end of the island.

I look forward to your book. You and I are the last that knew the island that period of time. Berry picking,the jukebox in the room in the back of the little store, rain coming from port Huron and we could watch it come before we ran in,sleeping in a twin bed with Faye and Pat by sleeping across it, Elsie trying to stop our giggling, Jerry as a baby in Gladys' lap (Jitterbug, Grand ma called him), Grandpa not being allowed to get past the customs at the entry on the bridge because he was born in Germany, our small car filled to capacity so I had to lay in the shelf on the back window, Wiff and Eldon, for me free trips to Marysville with Wiff and he'd let me steer most of the way. He was a devout Christian. Mary Ann, Faye and I became close friends with Ed, the custom's officer, who had little to do. I have pictures some place. I need you to go through my thousands of pictures to find all the island ones. At one time they were all organized but some how got totally mixed up.

Tony and I went up there several times so I have those memories too. I miss Tony.Many times when I count my blessings and enumerate them to God I thank Him that Tony loved me. Truly loved and adored me. If Dick had been my first love I would have an inferiority complex! He knew how to control me. He would say things after we had company, like, "No wonder you don't have any friends!" It's called gaslighting, I much later found out. Tony was always complimenting me and doing things sentimental.

But.... it's been a great life!

You make it very special!

Love, Sis


--------------------------------------------
On Tue, 11/20/18, FRED WULFF <fredhwulff@comcast.net> wrote:

Subject: Photo
To: "M Wulff" <mlwulff@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 8:15 PM


Hi Sis,
Thanks for the framed
photo of the pavilion. The definition is very clear and the
black frame sets it off nicely. It brought back so many fine
memories from when we were kids and grandma gave us money to
go to the pavilion store. Our memories extended all the way
up when we were teenagers. Such good times! How few people
could have such memories of growing up in paradise.
Thanks again,
Love,
Fritz
E-MAIL FROM MARGARET April, 2018
I had forgotten about that sign at Corruna. Wiff was vigilant, didn't take mim long. Did you know he was a devout Christian> So was his son Eldon.


One time when MaryAnn and her two kids, Faye and I were up there for a week between hs and college, we were talking casually to Eldon and his friend...........how it all fell into place I don't know but we invited them to our cottage that evening and Eldon brought his guitar and we all sang Gospel songs and talked. It was one of those 
holy events that God gives us when we least expect it.


Faye and Mary Ann and I went to the cottage several times, one time we swam across from Corunna. Did I ever tell you about that?


And wiff let us take rides on the ferry free whenever we wanted to. Faye and I would ride to Marysville on the back of the boat and sing Grandma's hymns in harmony, like The Old Rugged Cross, and The Garden. I wonder why I didn't feel it was wrong to sing with them, it was so soon after becoming Lutheran, and I wouldn't pray with Grandma.















Stag Island photo





Pavilion on St. Island. Man by door with push broom. No custom house.






No comments:

Post a Comment